World-class presenters + networking.
The Institute for Int’l Film Financing (IIFF) continues its successful series of education & networking events at the nexus of FILMMAKING & FINANCE with a high-impact Film Financing Townhall in San Francisco. Â Join us on September 25 for an exciting evening of insightful presentations, inspiring discussion & productive networking! Â Get full details & your SPECIAL DISCOUNT at …
Our friends at Academy of Art are again hosting us at their new facilities near 4th & King St.:
IIFF San Francisco Townhall Meeting
Thursday, September 25, 2008
6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Academy of Art University (AAU)
466 Townsend Street
Room #225 – 2nd floor
San Francisco, CA 94107
VERY LIMITED CAPACITY. Â To avoid disappointment, secure your DISCOUNTED SEAT now at …
Thursday’s gathering of filmmakers & financiers follows IIFF’s tried-and-true formula for film financing success. Â It features a powerful lineup of TOPICAL EXPERTS whose to-the-point presentations & panel discussion are sure to satisfy even the most demanding professionals! Â Our world-class speakers include:
1) RIZ VIRK, highly accomplished high-tech entrepreneur & investor turned film financier & movie producer; recently served as Executive Producer for indie “Turquoise Rose” (2006); nationally known thought leader in social media, knowledge management, enterprise portals & XML publishing; started first company at 23, rapidly grew it into multi-million dollar venture; fmr. CEO/CTO at CambridgeDocs, acquired by Document Sciences (NASDAQ: DOCX), where he served as Chief Technologist, XML Publishing; fmr. CEO & Founder at Inner Vision Technologies, bought by Unitas Corp., where he continued as CTO; Co-founder of Service Metrics, acquired by Exodus Comm. for $280M; etc.
2) JILL FRASER, seasoned marketing, advertising & communications exec. of 20 years; successful entrepreneur who founded natural foods company; Associate Producer of indie “Free to a Good Home” (2007) & Â marketed several other movies; Director of Production at online content & ad network Martini Media, catering to high net worth individuals; fmr. Director of Marketing at monthly DVD club Ironweed Films; fmr. Founder & Principal at own public relations & communications firm, serving entertainment & other industries; fmr. Co-founder & VP of Marketing at soft drink company RAZCAL Corp., where she launched multi-award winner Virgil’s Root Beer; etc.
3) STAN MISKIEWICZ, entrepreneur & executive with 18+ years of international experience in computer-generated (CG) entertainment, having worked in Berlin, London & US; President, CEO & Co-founder at self-financed Black Point Studios, creating CG content for games, TV & film; specializes in animation, cinematics, character modeling, level building, advertising spots, film & TV production & compositing, as well as use of motion capture; fmr. Art Director at Mondo Media, directing cutting-edge animation projects for successful games incl. “James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing” & “Age of Empires”; film credits include “Final Fantasy” & “Lost in Space”; etc.
4) TRICIA VAN KLAVEREN, successful film producer & principal at LA-based indie production co. Fully Loaded Pictures; Producer/Exec. Producer on ’06 Cannes premiere “Lying” (Chloe Sevigny), David Mamet’s ’05 Venice premiere “Edmond” (William H. Macy, Julia Stiles, Mena Survari, Denise Richards), ’04 Cannes premiere “The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things” (Peter Fonda, Wynona Ryder, Marilyn Manson) & ’04 Sundance premiere “I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead” (Clive Owen, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Malcolm McDowell); fmr. exec. at int’l film sales & financing co.; Board Member at WomensFilmNet; Founding Board Member at Int’l Emerging Talent Film Festival, Monte Carlo; etc.
5) THOMAS TRENKER, Wall Street investment banker & Silicon Valley high-tech executive turned social entrepreneur & independent film financier; Founder & Chairman at not-for-profit Institute for International Film Financing (IIFF); Managing Director at film-focused professional angel investor organization FilmAngels; etc.
PLUS MORE! Â A complete & up-to-date list of speakers & topics, comprehensive bios, further event details, and DISCOUNTED ONLINE REGISTRATION are available at …
Questions? Â Get answers in IIFF’s community forum at http://sfb.filmfinancing.org/forum
Care to network online? Â Join our LinkedIn Group at http://sfb.filmfinancing.org/group
IIFF’s dedicated Bay Area team would be more than delighted to welcome you on the 25th. Â Please SPREAD THE WORD and bringing along your colleagues & associates!
Founder & Chairman, IIFF
P.S.: Â Don’t miss our full-day Film Financing Workshop in San Fran on Sat, 9/27 … http://sfb.filmfinancing.org/092708l
P.P.S.: Â Bring your –or a friend’s– film venture to the attention of FilmAngels, the world’s first professional angel investor group for film, by leaving an exec. summary with IIFF’s registration desk on 9/25 or 9/27.